How to plan the perfect event
27th February 2014
Putting on an event is a great way to showcase your organisation and engage clients, key opinion formers and staff. But if you want to impress, things need to go like clockwork. Here are our tips to ensure that there are no hiccups on the day:
- Put someone in charge who has an eye for detail and good communication skills
- Start planning early - It always takes much longer than you think to agree the budget, an appropriate venue, catering, entertainment and equipment such as staging, lighting, etc.
- Make sure there is a hook to make people come -you will need something in addition to free food and drink! This could be a keynote speaker or an exclusive demonstration of a new product or service
- Be prepared to chase invites - it's amazing how many people never bother to respond. We always put an 'RSVP by the' date on the invitation
- Don't leave anything to chance - a check list is essential and walking through the running order will help identify potential pitfalls
If you need help planning your next event, contact us today on 01323 416999.